How Zoom Teeth Whitening Removes Tooth Stains and Discolorations
June 01, 2020
There are several procedures used to improve the appearance of your teeth. Bright and white teeth are attractive and a top concern among most people. Teeth whitening is suggested if you want to reverse yellowing and staining.
Zoom teeth whitening is a procedure that uses laser technology to activate the bleaching agent used to whiten the teeth.
Laser Teeth Whitening Procedure
Once you and your dentist decide to use zoom technology to whiten your tooth, a series of steps follow. The first step is cleaning the teeth. Your dentist prepares your lips and gums after cleaning the teeth. The lips and gums are covered to prevent them from the laser. After prepping the lips, he or she will apply hydrogen peroxide gel on the teeth.
He or she will then pass a laser over the teeth. The zoom laser hits hydrogen peroxide to penetrate the enamel. Hydrogen peroxide breaks and disperses stains that have settled deep into the teeth. The dentist then applies a sensitivity-reducing fluoride gel.
The procedure takes an hour and is done in the dentist’s office. Your dentist will then give you a take-home that keeps your teeth touched-up over a certain period. There are custom-fit trays inside the kit. The trays are molded in the shape of your teeth and tried first to ensure they fit correctly.
Causes of Stains and Teeth Discoloration
There are certain factors that lead to teeth discoloration and staining. These factors include:
- Tobacco use
- Poor oral hygiene
- Infections and trauma
- Medications such as antihistamines, chemotherapy, antipsychotic and blood pressure medications
- Food and drinks such as red wine, coffee, and dark sodas
- Advancing age
- Excessive fluoride from natural environmental sources, toothpaste, fluoride supplements, and rinses
Ways to Prevent Stains and Tooth Discoloration
Dr. Zina Gotlieb in Rego Park NY, recommends the following measures to keep your teeth white after whitening:
- Ensure you keep the trays on for the first days after whitening
- Use kinds of toothpaste with whitening agents to maintain the outcomes of the procedure
- Minimize the intake of foods and drinks that cause staining
- Avoid using tobacco products
- Brush your teeth regularly at least twice a day
- Floss your teeth to remove plaque from parts that are unreachable by the brush bristles
- Ensure you use fluoride toothpaste, rinses, and supplements in the right amounts
Benefits of Laser Teeth Whitening
Laser teeth whitening is an effective way of removing stains and discoloration on the teeth. It enhances and restores the smiles of patients with severe staining and discoloration on their teeth. Here are the advantages of this procedure:
- It is non-invasive. This procedure uses modern equipment that does not cause irritation on the gums. It is carried out by a professional hence there are no after-effects.
- Immediate results. With a single visit to the dentist, you will get visible results. Only severe cases of staining require multiple appointments.
- Quick and painless. This procedure requires only an hour to be complete and is carried out in a dentist’s office. It does not require anesthesia since it is not a surgical procedure.
- Safe. When carrying out this procedure, safety precaution measures are taken. Your dentist uses rubber shields to protect your gums and the neutralizing gels that ensure your tongue and mouth are not affected.
- Long-lasting effects. The whitening effects last for years. Although this depends on your daily oral hygiene practices.
- Improved self-confidence. White teeth are attractive and enhance your appearance. When you look good, you will feel comfortable and more confident while talking to people.
Laser teeth whitening is a safe procedure with almost zero side effects. However, it may pose some risk to certain people. The following are the problems that may be experienced after the procedure:
Mild or short-lasting
Tooth pain and discomfort when hydrogen peroxide enters the nerve of the tooth
Finding A Dentist Clinic Near Me
Do you want to find a dentist near you for laser teeth whitening near you? Dental Arts Rego Park in New York is the dental clinic for you. You will find a team of passionate and experienced dentists who will provide comfortable and quality laser teeth whitening service. With advanced technology, we are able to ensure your expectations are met. Book an appointment with us today and restore your smile.Back to Blog