Dental Bonding in Rego Park, NY
Do you have some minor tooth imperfections that you’d like corrected with as little fuss as possible? If so, you may want to consider dental bonding near me provided by Dental Arts Rego Park as an easy way to restore your smile.
Some Common Uses for Dental Bonding in 11374
While dental bonding is largely considered a form of cosmetic dentistry, it does have applications in restorative dentistry as well since it can be used to fill large cavities. Some other uses include:
- Correcting discoloration of teeth
- Filling in gaps between teeth
- Covering cracks, chips, or other minor blemishes of the tooth
- Change the shape of a tooth to match the surrounding teeth in appearance
Dental Bonding is Highly Versatile
Overall, dental bonding is a highly versatile dental procedure that can be used on patients of all ages. It should be noted, however, that the dental bonding material is not as strong as some other dental treatment materials. For this reason, you and your Rego Park dentist will have to determine if dental bonding is the preferred treatment for your long-term goals, where a crown or veneer may prove to be more beneficial.
The Dental Bonding Procedure
Your dentist will go over the exact procedure instructions with you prior to your appointment, but you can use the following as a general guideline of what to expect during the treatment process:
- Your teeth and gums will be examined to assure they are in a healthy state to receive the bonding material.
- Next, the teeth that will be bonded will have their surface roughened and a liquid applied to help the bonding material that will be applied adhere better.
- The bonding material, which is comprised of a tooth-colored resin, will then be applied by your dentist in thin layers until the tooth achieves the correct shape and size to match those around it.
- And last, your dentist in Rego Park will use a high-intensity light on the bonded material to assure that the surface of your tooth is strengthened to its maximum potential.
Ready to Learn if Dental Bonding is Right for You?
Our centrally-located Rego Park office has convenient appointments available for even the busiest working professional or family household; and we also serve the patients coming from Corona, Elmhurst, Forest Hills, Middle Village, Jackson Heights, The Bronx, Woodside, Maspeth, Whitestone, Flushing, Ridgewood, Glendale, Woodhaven, East Elmhurst, Sunnyside, Jamaica, College Point, Ozone Park, Queens, Kew Gardens, Richmond Hill, South Richmond Hill, and Long Island City, NY. Contact the caring professionals at Dental Arts Rego Park now to learn if dental bonding near you in Rego Park is right for you!