Mouth Guards in Rego Park, NY
Mouthguards in Rego Park, or mouth protectors, are devices to be worn to help prevent injury to the teeth and their surrounding tissues. For example, damage can happen to people who grind their teeth in their sleep or play sports.
If you think you could benefit from a mouthguard, discuss it with your dentist. Schedule an appointment at Dental Arts Rego Park for more details.
What Type of Mouthguards Are There?
The three different types of Mouthguards in 11374 include:
- Stock Mouth Protectors – These are mouthguards available at the majority of sporting goods stores. They are inexpensive and come preformed. They cannot be adjusted to fit better, can make breathing difficult and can provide minimal protection. This option is not suggested by dentists.
- Boilable Mouth Protectors – This item can also be purchased at a number of sporting goods stores. It is createdusing thermoplastic material that is put in warm water to make it pliable. A person can then put it in their mouth and shape it around their teeth with their fingers and tongue.
- Custom-Fitted Mouth Protectors – To begin, the Rego Park dentist is going to create an impression of your teeth. He or she will then mold a unique material onto the model to produce the mouthguard. Because of the extra labor needed, this is the most expensive option. However, it is usually more comfortable than the others and offers the most protection.
Who Should Wear a Mouthguard?
Anyone who plays contact sports, such as football, hockey and boxing, should wear one. Those who participate in certain recreational activities, including skateboarding or mountain biking, might want to consider wearing one, as well.
People who grind their teeth at night and those who have braces are also encouraged to use mouthguards.
How Do I Take Care of My Mouthguard?
Follow these suggestions for keeping your mouthguard in good shape, helping to ensure you can get plenty of use out of it:
- Rinse your mouthguard before and after each use.
- Clean your mouthguard in cool, soapy water.
- Avoid high temperatures to help minimize distortion.
Book an Appointment Now!
If you play sports or grind your teeth, you may want to consider getting a mouthguard near you or night guards in Rego Park Queens to help protect them. Book your appointment at Dental Arts Rego Park now and our dentist in Rego Park happily serves patients from areas like Corona, Elmhurst, Forest Hills, Middle Village, Jackson Heights, The Bronx, Woodside, Maspeth, Whitestone, Flushing, Ridgewood, Glendale, Woodhaven, East Elmhurst, Sunnyside, Jamaica, College Point, Ozone Park, Queens, Kew Gardens, Richmond Hill, South Richmond Hill, and Long Island City, NY too!